What is Bromelain?
Bromelain belongs to a group of protein digesting enzyme that obtain through the fruit and stem of pineapple. Its can break down the protein in human body. Bromelain exhibits fibrinolytic, antithrombic and anti-inflammatory activities. Due to its promising health properties, bromelain account of bronchitis, osteoarthritis and sinusitis. Recently, bromelain is one of the popular component to relieve allergies symptoms.
What Are The Proposed Benefits of Bromelain?
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Alleviating swelling, congestion and sinusitis
- Inhibitor of blood platelet aggregation.
- Reduce pain and swelling of arthritis
A review concluded that bromelain relieve allergic symptoms and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (1)
(1) Pavan et al. Properties and Therapeutic Application of Bromelain: A Review. Biotechnol Res Int. 2012; 2012: 976203..