What is Plant-sourced Digestive Enzyme?
The body’s ability to digest, absorb and utilize nutrients depend on the availability of the enzyme. A lack of digestive enzymes can lead to a variety of gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms, it can also cause malnourishment even having a healthy diet. Plant-based digestive enzymes boost up the metabolic reaction in the gastrointestinal tract. They act as catalysts for human cell function. Several important enzymes in plants such as protease, amylase, lipase and cellulase. Dietary plant-based digestive enzyme is able to get rid of GI discomfort..
What Are The Proposed Benefits of Plant-sourced digestive enzyme?
- Promote optimal nutrient promotion
- Support healthy digestion
- Reduce gas, bloating, indigestion and constipation.
- Process difficult-to-digest food
Research concluded that plant source digestive enzyme reduce the GI discomfort, prevent food intolerance and nutritional deficencies (1)
(1) Laniro G et al. Digestive Enzyme Supplementation in Gastrointestinal Diseases. Curr Drug Metab. 2016 Feb; 17(2): 187–193.